10.08.2007

I've got no strings

I have a job. Yeah, employment. A 9 to 5 (well, actually it is on flex-time, so it might be a 6:30 to 3).

A dream job, perhaps not. A paycheck, paid vacation, possible friends, work experience - definitely. I am pleased as punch (so pleased, I am willing to use the term "pleased as punch").

I will be an editorial assistant for a medical publishing group. 3 subway stops from my house, in Olde City (or Olde Towne as I like to call it). Just a short walk from all sorts of lunch stops, pre-work coffees, post-work bars.

I'm a real boy.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

The title reminds me of the opening of the NSync "No Strings Attached" tour. I just wanted to let you know.

And I'm thrilled for you.

TheChrisBerry said...

What I thought when I read the title was "no strings attached." But that's sort of the opposite of having a job. So I was confused. But that's probably typical.

Congratulation, Jcliff.

the great kali-llama said...

I immediately started singing "I've got no string to tie me down, blah blah blah blah" in an extremely annoying voice. I'm thankful since that seems to have knocked out The Fresh Prince theme song. Thank you and congrats on the job.
Have you gone by that yummy looking candy store yet to celebrate?

Nancy said...

Congrats on the job! Good for you!! I read your blog often - keep it up-you are extremely amusing!!

alice-anne said...

i think you have every right to stop by that candy store now...or whatever it was.

send me some.

BW said...

Now that you are a gainfully employed grownup, does it mean that I can't can't give you tons of "poor baby" when you feel bad? I will be so very sad if that day has finally arrived.

Unknown said...

Hey Cliff! Whatzup? I ran across your blog. I like it. Wish I could have one. The urinal story is very good. I wish I had one of those in my house. I'm glad things are going well for you. I'm working in LR now and will probably move there in the next two or three months. Congrats on the job and don't forget...two syllables...faw-work. See ya man.