8.21.2007

Difference #464

I flew home last weekend. My little brother was getting married.

I am old.

I packed my suit and two changes of clothes, threw in sandals and my dress shoes, my toothbrush and deodorant (I left behind toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel and hair product - I was not checking a bag). I trudged 5 blocks to the nearest ATM, and back 2 blocks to my EL stop. Took the Blue Line to Market East and caught the R1 to the airport. Used my credit card for self-check-in. Argued with the security guy about my deodorant being a liquid/gel (He said it was, I contended it was not. I eventually pointed out that the container actually says "Smart Solid." I won.). Worked on cover letters on my laptop on the plane, and sent in another resume from the Charlotte airport. Talked with everyone and their mother about "What I am doing these days," and "Why Philadelphia." After the weekend, I flew home.

I am a grown up.

As I arrived back in CBL I gave directions and tips to a lovely woman flying in for an extended lay-over from Paris. I told her what to see, where to eat and what trains to take to fulfill said advice.

I am from Philadelphia.

6 comments:

BW said...

I did not ask those questions!!!

Anonymous said...

No, you are from Arkansas and live in Philly. Just like I live in Arkansas but am from Naples, FL (thank goodness).

alice-anne said...

yup. that's weird.

Unknown said...

i love that you won in the battle of the liquid vs. solid.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm with Reagan! Last time I came home from Italy, I had to throw away 3 bottles of wine even though one of them was bought in the duty free store in the airport and wrappped and tapped in duty free tape and they told me when i bought it that it would be safe for me to bring home! What a rip off!

Luke Dockery said...

“He said it was, I contended it was not. I eventually pointed out that the container actually says "Smart Solid." I won.”

I actually laughed out loud after reading that.

Your little brother getting married sure makes me feel old as well.