6.21.2007

Resuming my resume

I never really made one.
There was the version we had to turn in to get credit for so many of those classes that want to make sure we are ready for the real world...however, none of those ever really worked. I am not prepared, I am in the real world and I don't have a resume.

My desired field of employment requires a certain level of innate creativity in all aspects, but especially upon first impression. Whether it is true or not, we have been told over and over that our resumes are tremendously important to even get a foot in the door. They must rise above the rest - from the layout to the font selection, we should meticulously scrutinize over our lives on paper.

So, here i go. Time to pool the last 4-6 years of my life and place it on a stylishly understated yet outstandingly designed single sheet of paper.

3 comments:

the great kali-llama said...

This is funny- just yesterday I was designing my resume, and tonight I am going to attempt my skills and make it. Best of luck!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Are you in Philly already? It is a neat city. I spent 3 weeks there last summer doing an internship at the Philadelphia Child and Family Therapy Cneter. Good luck with you resume. I have no doubt that you will be able to be extrememly creative and rise above all others!

Tammie Hacker

the great kali-llama said...

Do you by any chance know how to convert an InDesign CS3 file to a pdf? I have my resume all (well almost all) nice and done... but now I can't save it as another format. So I can't email my cool resume to people. Damn my lack of foresight.