5.15.2008

Flummoxed

As a southern boy it is my duty to be a patron of Sonic. For the most part I am more than willing to fulfill this sweet tea heritage. It is widely known that Sonic has the best ice, their sweet tea (when on point) is the best around. They have a way of mixing the carbonation and syrup that beats the best soda jerk (or would, if I knew where to find a soda jerk). Sonic is convenient and reasonably priced for the quality of product.

When I go to Sonic I have a typical habit of pulling around to the stations opposite of the entrance. There are a few legitimate reasons for this but at this point it is primarily habit.

The reason I bring up America's Drive-In is this: today I went for lunch, something quick and easy was all I was looking for. As my companion and I rounded the corner to park on my prefered side, what did we encounter but a drive through.

Why on Earth would Sonic need a drive through? Essentially, Sonic is one large drive through. Is there a large enough market of people who do not like putting their car in reverse to constitute removing all the stations from an entire side of the establishment for the creation of a menu-board an a automatic sliding window? Is it really faster or more convenient?

I am considering stationing myself in the parking lot for the next few days questioning the drive through users about their choice. I will report my findings.

2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Is this Sonic in Memphis? I didn't know there were any Sonics with drive through windows anywhere. Please be careful and don't get run over while doing your poll.

If you get tired of staying with relatives in Memphis and I know you have a lot of them here, I always have an extra bed.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Saw you grandparents in Searcy this weekend. I always have so much fun talking with Louise about all her wonderful children and grandchildren and great grands. She is certainly proud of you!