4.16.2008

A list

A few things I have found out about myself, that I would normally be really aggravated or embarrassed about - but am learning to deal with:

1. I fit in in the city - but I prefer the country.

I don't know if it is my disdain for "fitting in" or if it is actual the rural appeal of farmland and green grass, but I have learned that, despite my avid love of the hustle and bustle, I truly am a country boy at heart. Nothing brings that out in me more than living in a big city.

2. Running is fun.

It's hard, it's painful and it makes me sweat (which I hate) - but damn, it's worth it. I feel healthy, toned and capable. The occasional sore muscle is now a good sign, instead of an indication of needing to back off. It clears my head.
If nothing else, running makes me feel better than all those people who don't run.

3. I like awful books.

Sure - I've read 100 Years of Solitude and Anna Karenina, but at my core I will always prefer to read Sweet Valley High and Harriet the Spy. I no longer need to read to enhance my knowledge. I need to read to escape what I already know.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Like 100 years of Solitude is even a good book. All the characters have the same name.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

There's nothing wrong with reading for pleasure...but I only like books with happy endings!

And I've never run enough days at the time to make me feel better....I think that's a bunch of hype!

Unknown said...

Cliff, Harriet the Spy was one of my four favorite books. Check out Mrs. Wiggs in the Cabbage Patch. Now there's a great book! And it's a lot shorter than War and Peace. Hope things are going well for you. We miss you down here. Take care. Dale